What game made you (originally) buy an intellivision?
h***@comcast.net
2003-10-30 04:38:09 UTC
I begged my father for an Atari2600 for Christmas in 80 and when he
went to pick it up he bought an Intellivision instead because it
kicked Atari's ass. I was very young so I had no idea about it yet but
I sure am glad my father went and picked it up. My first two games
were Armour Battle and NASL Soccer. Great games but lousy choices
since I didn't have a brother to play with.
On Sun, 25 May 2003 21:23:21 -0500, Ambrosine
Much the same for me. It was Astrosmash and Night Stalker that motivated
me to buy my first Intellivision.
Bass Guitar God
2003-11-06 02:59:10 UTC
Post by h***@comcast.net
I sure am glad my father went and picked it up. My first two games
were Armour Battle and NASL Soccer. Great games but lousy choices
since I didn't have a brother to play with.
I BET YOU WERE HAPPY AS HELL WHEN YOU GOT SPACE ARMADA AND ASTROSMASH AM I
RIGHT/???????

"...Any person, institution or notion that tries to take your cash is your
enemy" - GENE SIMMONS
Chuck Whitby
2003-11-07 00:09:30 UTC
Post by Bass Guitar God
Post by h***@comcast.net
I sure am glad my father went and picked it up. My first two games
were Armour Battle and NASL Soccer. Great games but lousy choices
since I didn't have a brother to play with.
I BET YOU WERE HAPPY AS HELL WHEN YOU GOT SPACE ARMADA AND ASTROSMASH
AM I RIGHT/???????
"...Any person, institution or notion that tries to take your cash is
your enemy" - GENE SIMMONS
NO!!!!111 BUT YOU"RE AN ANNOYING DOUCHE!!!111!?!?!?!\\\2`~~~
--
__
Chuck Whitby

Intellivision Gaming Network
http://www.intellivision.tk

Four Tutors Gaming Card Shows
http://www.fourtutors.tk
unknown
2003-11-07 00:46:29 UTC
I loved Astrosmash but Space Armada was another story. On my birthday
my mother brought me to the local videogame store to buy a game , I
wanted Horse Racing bad and it was the cheapest one on the shelf at
$24.95. When my mother tried to buy it the scumbag behind the counter
told her I would hate it and to buy Space Armada because it was on
sale for $29.99 instead of $39.99. I insisted not to buy it because I
hated Space Invaders with a passion but the guy convinced my mother
that I would love it so we got home, I popped it in and instantly
hated the damn game. I started screaming at her for about an hour
until we went back and bought Horse Racing. Ohhh the good old days
when you could just scream and moan until you got what you want.
James Duncan
2003-12-06 01:25:59 UTC
I had the good fortune of working as a video game demonstrator for Mattel
the year Intellivison was launched. It was a really fun job. I got an
Intellivison the voice unit and a bunch of games for $50. If I hadn't had
that job I think Football or Tron Deadly Discs would have been the games
that would have caused me to by the unit.
Moviesounds.com
Darnoc
2004-01-08 15:56:16 UTC
It was a woman I knew at a local thrift shop that came up to me one day and
asked if Intellivision was the same as Atari? I said that they were out at
the same time and she then informed me that she had a box of Intellivision
games out back that she was going to put out and gave me first chance to go
through them. Well, I got about 50 games for $20, which was every game they
had, some being boxed and some not. After that day I had to get a system so
I could play the games, which I did 3 weeks later off Ebay. My collection
has grown since then and I enjoy sitting down with He Man for hours on end.

As a side note, the thrift store had thrown out a Intellivision system the
same day I got all the games because they thought it "might not work".
Uggggg.

Thanks,
Colin